Freelance Technical Communicator, 2010 – present
Freelance and in-house technical writing for educational software (Exploros), academic institutions (ORT Braude, Technion, Haifa University), start-ups, and established businesses; in the fields of software, construction, academics, hi-tech, communications, finance, medicine, science, and mathematics.
IBM R&D Labs in Israel, 2006 – 2010
Enhanced communication materials for over one hundred different researchers, engineers, and developers:
- Developed twenty software demos.
- Wrote user guides, reference manuals, and online help systems.
- Edited hundreds of papers, journal submissions, EU proposals, and books.
- Developed Word templates and enhanced PowerPoint presentations.
e-SIM Ltd., Misgav, 2003 – 2005
- Coordinated and co-authored a detailed reference guide including APIs, documenting RapidPLUS™ MMI programming code for mobile phone software.
- Authored an advanced developers’ guide describing potential approaches to enhancing the software.
AppSwing Ltd., Misgav, 2001 – 2002
As the lone writer:
- Wrote all product documentation, including HTML help systems, white papers, server-based help, and user guides.
- Established company documentation templates, style guides, and a terminology guide.
- Developed training materials for instructor-led courses while applying instructional design principles.
Intel Corp., Haifa: microprocessor products, 1998 – 2001
As an information developer:
- Created a web-based tutorial to optimize code for 64-bit compilers.
- Overhauled a huge (1MB) online help system, and managed 15 manuals.